Yoplait asked us to help them solve a question.
Our in home ethnographic research highlighted a key opportunity. Mum's simply weren’t placing yogurts in lunchboxes.
The solution became clear - we needed to create the world’s first spoonless yogurt.
“So why don’t you put yogurts in your children's lunch box?”
“I don’t put a pot of yoghurt in the lunchbox because I don’t get the spoon back”
“At the end of the day, I get a lunchbox coated in yogurt”
“I’m worried it will get too warm to eat, especially on a hot day”
By joining the dots between consumer, supply chain and the customer we were able to develop the world’s first spoonless yogurt for Yoplait.
This pack solution resulted in:
- 40% category growth
- 52% reduction in pack materials
- Same product retailed at 20% on cost
- A product that is being sold at a premium to core
- A product that opened up new usage occasions, driving sales
- Test Market launch in Ireland 1 year from briefing
- Minimal £15k to prove the concept before capex released working with co-packers.